How to Make a Complaint
We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.
However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.
To pursue a complaint please contact the Practice Manager, or the Reception Manager through email or by practice complaint form available from reception, who will deal with your concerns appropriately. Further written information is available regarding the complaints procedure from reception.
HOW TO RAISE A COMPLAINT
- Please discuss your complaint with a staff member or the Assistant Practice Manager.
- Where the issue cannot be resolved at this stage, please send an email to: ddicb.C81042firstname.lastname@example.org, or complaint form from reception, outlining the complaint to the Reception Manager who will try to resolve the issue.
- If your problem cannot be resolved at this stage and you wish to make a formal complaint please let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days.
- The Practice will acknowledge your complaint within three days and aim to have looked into your complaint within 30 working days of the date you raised it with us. At this stage you should be offered an explanation or a meeting with the person / s concerned.
- NHS England – Telephone Number: 0300 311 22 33 Postal Address: NHS England, Box 16738, Redditch, Worcester B87 9PT, Email: England.email@example.com
- Please note – during the pandemic, the process may take a lot longer for obvious reasons of prioritising clinical operations. We will let you know what the time frame may be at the time of responding. If there is an urgency with regards to a clinical issue complaint, we will priortise resolving that first before dealing with the administrative part of a complaint. Thank you for your patience.
COMPLAINING TO OTHER AUTHORITIES
- The Practice Management team hope that if you have a problem you will use the Practice Complaints Procedure. However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are dissatisfied with the response received from us, you can contact any of the following:
- Healthwatch Derby – The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS
- Telephone Number: 01332 643988 –
- Contacting The Care Quality Commission: If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity carried on by this Practice then you can contact the Care Quality Commission on 03000 616161, or alternatively click on the following link: Care Quality Commission
COMPLAINING ON BEHALF OF SOMEONE ELSE
- Please note that the Mickleover Medical Centre keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else the Practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. A consent form signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability
- OMBUDSMAN: As a last resort, if you are not happy with the response from this Practice, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman who investigates complaints about the NHS in England. You can tell the Ombudsman’s Complaints Helpline on 0345 015 4033 or click on the following link: Ombudsman or Textphone (Minicom) on 0300 061 4298.