If agreed by the doctor these can be obtained by either sending in a stamped addressed envelope with your request, or by leaving the request in the prescription box in the waiting room. It will then be ready for collection or posted 72 hours later.
We regret we cannot accept requests over the telephone as inaccuracies or serious mistakes could occur.
You can also view and request your repeat prescription online. Please ask our reception staff for details.
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England.
- Single charge: £9.00 (up from £8.80 in April 2019)
- 3 month PPC (no change): £29.10
- 12 month PPC (no change): £104.00
Wigs and Fabric Supports
- Surgical bra: £28.85
- Abdominal or spinal support: £43.60
- Stock modacrylic wig: £71.25
- Partial human hair wig: £188.70
- Full bespoke human hair wig: £275.95
If you have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public – Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website