As you are aware, we are dealing with an unprecedented demand for our services and currently we have clinical and key non-clinical staff isolating as per the advice from the Government.
To minimise your chances of being exposed to COVID-19 and reduce pressure on your local GP practice during this extremely busy time, appointments will be carried out over the phone or through the website ‘Get help for any health problem’ facility (click here) unless there is a clinical need for you to attend the practice which will be decided at during your telephone consultation. This will help to decrease risk while continuing to ensure our patients get the care and advice they need.
We are asking for your help to please minimise your contact with the Practice by using this website facility so it is more accessible to those who do not have access or cannot use the internet. Please do not come to the Practice unless instructed by a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and only arrive at the precise time of your appointment, ring the bell by the front door of the Practice and a staff member will allow you access. Please do not come to the Practice with anyone else unless you are/they a Parent or Carer of the person attending the appointment.
GUIDANCE ON ISOLATION
- Please follow the advice of the Government click here, if you are one of the groups listed on this site, you must contact your employer and discuss your circumstances/options with them. The Practice will unfortunately not be able to advise you on your employment in any way, so please do not engage the phone lines by asking for this information. This information is also available on employment advice sites such as ACAS. We will also be unable not be able to issue fit notes for COVID19 self- isolation.
REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS
Since we are no longer accepting PAPER requests for repeat medication, please use the following processes:
- Order your prescription online using SystmOne Online, you can do this if you are registered for the Practice’s online services which can be accessed by clicking on the following link: SystemOne Access
- Request can be made via our website www.mickleovermedicalcentre.co.uk by clicking on the following link: click here
- Ensure you have told us WHICH PHARMACY you wish us to send the prescription to electronically.
- All patients with current paper prescriptions waiting for their prescription to be collected from the Reception, will be phoned by us to request information of which pharmacy they nominate. The prescription will then be reissued electronically and sent directly to the pharmacy for collection, OR you can chose to have it posted to you. There will be no future collections possible from the Practice with immediate effect, UNLESS you have a controlled drug, in which case we will contact you.
- Go to your local pharmacy to nominate them as your collection point, if you have not done so already through the Practice.
- Please telephone 01332 513283 to request a telephone appointment. No face to face appointments will be given by the staff, unless directed to do so by a Doctor or a Nurse in person. Urgent and routine health care requests will be added to a clinician’s triage call-back list and you will then receive a telephone call. Please keep your phone available at all times and answer from a NO CALLER ID as the Practice telephone number will not be displayed.
- If you have an appointment booked for a future date to see a GP / ANP / Nurse or HCA, please do not attend the Practice, you will receive a telephone call prior your appointment.
- The online booking of appointments facility has been suspended for the present time and we will updated the website accordingly when available again.
ASKING A CLINICIAN A QUESTION
- Please visit www.mickleovermedicalcentre.co.uk and select Consulting Room or click here to the page
We will endeavour to reply within TWO working days, although this may vary according to the demands placed on this service. This is not to be used for urgent health care questions.
- Please be advised that the hospital has suspended the community blood testing service at this Practice. Please go to Derby Hospital website for alternative locations to which you can attend for your blood test.