We have a number of updates as per the Government Guidance on Shielding patients – that is those of you that have been sent letters or had a call from us asking you to stay at home.
The website address to go to : https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
There have been lots of changes and we know it is confusing and you may be concerned. Here are the key points:
CURRENTLY: You can exercise outdoors with members of your household, or with one other person if you live alone.
FROM 6th JULY:
- You can meet in a group of up to 6 people outdoors including people from different households, maintain social distancing
- You no longer need to socially distance within your household
- Shielded people who live alone, or who are single parents, can form a ‘support bubble’ with one other household. This means you can act as one household and can stay overnight without needing to socially distance
FROM 1st August: Shielding will be paused*
- You need to keep strict social distancing but can go out to more places e.g. supermarkets
- You can return to work if you are unable to work from home, provided your business is COVID-safe
- Children can return to education
- You should minimise contact with others outside your household / bubble
THE VIRUS HAS NOT CHANGED AND YOU REMAIN VULNERABLE TO COVID-19.
THEREFORE THE KEY MESSAGES REMAIN THE SAME:
THINK HANDS: Regular hand washing, use alcohol gel if no water is available
THINK FACE: Avoid touching your face and wear face-coverings in enclosed spaces
THINK SPACE: Keep 2 metre social distance
Finally, it is important that you do not ignore symptoms that may need medical attention, we are here for you.
Your team at Mickleover Medical Centre